TWO ALTERNATIVE EXPLANATIONS FOR THE BENGHAZI COVER UP

syrian_opposition

Is the Benghazi cover up just about hiding incompetence, dereliction of duty and deceptive presidential politics or are there plausible, more troubling explanations?  (Read the full column at EWRoss.com)

Filed under: Terrorism, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

CNN is airing a special report on Tuesday night from the advertisements i saw. This should be interesting;

By Terry Tucker

I think both are correct Ed. I believe the gun-running reason. The incompetence comes from Obama/Clinton/Rice lying about what happened. They can’t even lie with conviction. The video reason was a joke and the way they are moving around and hiding the survivors is just sloppy. If the news media would have done their job, this would have come out months ago. With the news media in Obama’s back pocket, they are useless

By Michael Talley

Probably all the above and much more of the White House private addenda .

By John Dean

Additionally, Ed, one other potential reason for the administration’s pulling out all the stops (with the full acquiescence of the Fourth Estate), is the catalyst for the attack in the first place. Running manpads to Syrian AQ types might have seemed a good idea to some scheming spook at some point, and Keystone Cop politicos may well have graced the effort with their imprimatur. Further, they may well collectively have been taken off guard by why the AQ types on the ground would be attacking the very folks (including or especially Ambassador Stevens) providing them with the weaponry.

Now turns out that Benghazi had a large force of CIA affilated personnel on the ground, which is no surprise. This was no diplomatic consulate, it was a CIA operations facility. There are stories out about AQ types being held there by CIA. May have been partially directed at freeing them. And if the full truth ever does in fact come out, I think it likely we’ll find that Iran or Russia or both were the catalyst for the event, in order to mitigate the threat to Assad. Dear old Vlad is hardcore KGB, and he knows how to play this game with far greater expertise than the puffed up self-serving numbskulls now heading up US efforts.

By Paul Brown

Ed, your conclusions assume that Americans care about what really happened, and that when (if) the truth emerges “it will be extremely difficult for the mainstream media and the American people to ignore.” The fact that only a minority has cared thus far, and the invincible ignorance largely embraced and cherished these days by the bulk of the citizenry, tells me you are in for a disappointment. Righteous indignation would already have reared its head on a societal basis if sufficient intellectual curiousity was still even a factor. But people don’t know, don’t want to know, and largely don’t give a damn. It appears as though it will remain so…on any and all outrageous topics…until people are personally smacked in the face in an impactful way with the consequences of any malfeasance upon the part of governing elites. Thoroughly engrossed in their own little lives, and other than a vocal minority, they are very proudly oblivious to and dismissive of what goes on in the world, and couldn’t care less.

By Paul Brown

Good article – I had similar theories which I voiced in other blogs. You and I are singing from the same sheet of music and are on jey. Of allthe “scandals” Benghazi will not go away. It is amazing how this administration can lie to We, the people to cover up a variety or wrong or politically harmful decisions, or just ineptitude. Let us not forget the principle players in this charade they call leadership and of course transparency. Some things need to be secret in defense or our nation. That does not automatically translate to defense of the Obama administration. Oh, and where are today’s investigative journalists? No Woodwards among this crop. It will be a year next month and We, the People and our representatives in Congress are no closer to the truth than 11 months ago. I am just amazed at the Obama political machine that can control the press and deny responsibilty for their actions or inaction as the case maybe.

By Roland St. Germain

Thank you Ed!

By Jeff Machtig

You may find some friction between the Pentagon and CIA if you look deeply enough into this.

By Joshua Jordan, KSC

Paul is all too correct when he compares Putin with the puffed up self serving numbskulls on our side of the table for whom he has nothing but contempt as we have seen. It is similar to Kruschev’s attitude after meeting Pres Kennedy in Geneva where he determined that Kennedy was a weak adversary. He made his Cuba missile move based on this assessment. I fully expect Putin to make a big strategic move against US interests in our own hemisphere while Obama is still in office. Benghazi has shown our enemies that they have nothing to fear from the US.

By Manuel Aragon

Tests of strength are part of Russian culture and our government — referring to our elected government and not the bureaucracy that serves it — are, by and large, little more than public relations people and salesmen. Putin is ex-KGB. If I were Putin, I would probably see a weak adversary as well. That’s no reflection on my personal beliefs, it’s my limited understanding on some basics of Russian culture and how Putin might view things.

Khrushchev underestimated Kennedy; most people did. Even McNamara didn’t expect Kennedy to play on brinkmanship as hard as Kennedy did. Does anyone here think we have a JFK running around in government somewhere in 2013?

By Joshua Jordan, KSC

Scary stuff. When I was at TRADOC, I participated in a brainstorming effort to define the best strategies the bad guys might use to attack America. We came up with two. One was to load up a few vans with Stingers left in Jihadist hands after the Russians pulled out of Afghan and roam around America knocking down a few aircraft at takeoff from major airports. This could shut down the entire aircraft industry in a matter of days.

So now we are sending Strela’s to Al Queda in Syria. Gees…

By the way, the other strategy we looked at was bombing the most vulnerable in America… senior citizens and kids. Senior citizens comprise a growing percentage of American voters as baby boomers retire. Attacking their care facilities, activities centers, etc, would scare the entire community. Attacking their grandkids at Disney World, Lego Land, schools, etc… would soon have them voting for peace at any cost.

By Robert Coleman

One of the important questions that should have been asked of Secretary Clinton is, why was the ambassador in Benghazi? The nature of his mission would shed light on why the White House has gone to great lengths to keep attention from Benghazi. From a factual perspective, when mid-level state department staff are comfortable disapproving the ambassador’s request for additional security when an available CIA report clarified the high risks in Benghazi, it is clear that details of the Ambassador’s mission will surprise and disappoint us all, even those still drinking the Kool-Aid.

By Matt McGuire

As much as I would not want to see Hillary in office, I think she would have done a better job in many ways. I thought she was emotionally unstable during the Bengazi testimony, but she stood her ground. Compare that with this groveling before the President of Russia on nuclear weapons.

The exchange:

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir, and I stand with you.

The CNN video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X-xhy4X_Io

CNN was the only network, which I saw, that played the part “and I stand with you” and captioned it. Other networks muted it, talked over it, or did not play that part of the video. Most didn’t play the “give me space” part either; some mentioned it without playing it.

By Joshua Jordan, KSC

I was going to add commentary to this but upon reading Paul Brown’s comments above over and over again, I have little to offer. He has hit the nail directly on the head. SLAM!
    The reason the government covers the Bengazi incident up is because it CAN! They know that in this world of soundbites 72 news cycles and the Kardashians, no one will pay attention and after having momentarily reared their heads up like a lot of cattle in the field they will quickly bend down and gaze back into their IPads, video games and sports news. Sorry – there’s our American public. We get the government we deserve.

By Greg Kleponis (Col USAFR)