OBAMACARE: AN AVOIDABLE NATIONAL DISASTER

obamacare_killing_ecomony

The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) began as poorly crafted legislation that became a train wreck then turned into a national disaster that will take many years to recover from. Here’s what we should have done and still can do. (Read the full column at EWRoss.com)

Filed under: Healthcare, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. John J. Doolan says:

You are right, Obamacare like his presidency is a disaster and the adverse effects are already upon us. Many companies are scaling back employees’ hours back to 29 hours to avoid offering benefits. Doctors are refusing to accept insurance and older patients are being turned away because of cuts in Medicare reimbursements. The doctors simply cannot afford to treat certain patients. Taxes for this are already upon us with the Medicare surtax, cuts in itemized deductions and dreaded Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT). An utter fool and charlatan was re-elected by a bunch of fools who believe him and his phony rhetoric. Obama lies like he breathes, is a rank amateur and makes Jimmy Carter look like a stateman. We need to take back control of the Senate, keep the House and elect a president who has the guts and resolve to repeal this awful bill and quick!

Pelosi said “you have to pass it to see what is in it”. We are being led by fools and Congress let it happen. Where has our country gone? Apparently, it was politically expedient to delay the obamacare effect on businesses until after the 2014 elections. This administration, headed by the obamanator, is destroying the U.S. on purpose. As long as they have their “20 pieces of silver”, they are happy.

By Michael Talley

3. Bob says:

What Obamacare has done, and will continue to do to Americans is nothing less than a travesty. The Supreme Court really dropped the ball when they ruled on the constitutionality of Obamacare. We can only hope that people will look past charisma, unitainable promises, popular “Firsts”, and whatever else prompted them to vote for a president with an obvious socialistic agenda.

I hope you don’t mind Ed, but I reposted it in Washington Politics. I wish you, Jeff, Stan, Matt, Bill and Steven were there. We have a lot of great discussions. There and “Return to the Republic” both are great. Between those two and the Heritage group is why I haven’t been posting much. šŸ™‚ Been Busy!
    Great Post Ed!

By Philip Wagner

Ed, as usual you have outlined the problem exceedingly well.
    Of course this disaster was avoidable…that is if people exercised some critical thought. As long as Americans (or anyone else) believe in the charlatans who pass themselves as politicians promising what cannot possibly be delivered (because there is no free lunch), we are doomed to go the way of the great Roman Empire as well as others great civilizations. Man’s desire for security and greed for power is a lethal mix. It is this understanding by progressives (Fabian socialists of a century ago), aided by the weaknesses of human nature, that has brought this greatest of all nations to its knees. Obamacare was the latest death blow to this great nation, but it will not be the last. So-called immigration reform and other blows will see to it that history books refer to America as once a great civilization that attained heights of greatness but couldn’t be vigilant enough against destructive societal forces. How sad an ending.

Ross, I came here 36 years ago from Europe. During that period, I saw how this country declined – especially over the past 20 or so years. This decline has been continual for the past century and a half. It just has sped up in the past two decades. I would love to be an optimist and say we can recapture the spirit of America, but I am a realist. I understand the forces we are up against. I understand the determination and deviousness of those forces. I understand human nature and psychology. I understand all this because, much like you, I am a classically educated, well rounded, person who can think critically. There is no substitute for reality except in the minds of progressives. Their alternate reality is unfortunately an easy sell to a public that is void of critical thought. Thank you Marxist teacher unions, entertainment establishment, and media for making that possible. Back in the 1970s and 1980s, if anyone told me I would be writing these words, I would question their sanity. My, my…how the times change!

By Kerem Oner

…all the conservatives in the 1930’s screemed about how Social Security was ruination of the country …try and take it away from my 97 year old mother and you’d have a fight on your hands.

By Mike O’Neill

Sorry about drifting from the topic of the post. This would be a great time to re-present tossing out Obamacare.

I believe Obamacare will lead to more bankruptcy’s than any other piece of legislation in the history of the united states.

The reason many families with small children don’t have insurance is because there is simply not enough money left over. Forcing them to buy it will leave them with few choices.

By Philip Wagner

8. dan blair says:

My sister needs back surgery with no health insurance she was told to pay the doctor first 52 thousand dollars for a one hour surgery…my step daughter spent 12 hours waiting on a doctor to see her then was referred to another doctor who did show up 7 hours latter…president Obama you suck!

I’d like to see Obamacare be a disaster…except for he has the uncanny ability of not being blamed for any disaster.

By Nike Chillemi

Poorly crafted is an only an understatement.

By Vasili Liarakos

11. allan barnes says:

Remember when the right wingers screamed about Dr. Martin Luther King being a communist? America’s sickest cult, still on their McCarthyist trip after all these years!