“A HOUSE DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF CANNOT STAND”

lincoln

Abraham Lincoln’s June 17, 1858, speech, upon accepting the Illinois Republican Party’s nomination as that state’s United States senator, was about slavery; but his admonition about a nation divided could just as well apply to 21st century America. What divides us today, however, isn’t one man’s right to own another, but government’s right to own us all. (Read the full column at EWRoss.com)

Filed under: Politics, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Ed, an excellent comparison. Last year was the worst where many of the bills passed by the Congress languished in the senate and vis versa.

Each only think of party politics and making each other look bad in the eyes of their supporters.

This must stop for our country and Republic to survive.
    By Jim Prouty

Via Homeland Security Intelligence Group

And if the Sheeple continue to vote by emotions rather than information, the government miight just succeed in owning us all. For myself it’s not so much of an issue – don’t get me wrong, I’m staunchly against it – because at 80 I probably don’t have that much time left. But I do worry about what kind of cradle-to-grave micromanaged by Big Brother, my children and grandchildren will experience. That truly frightensme.

By Rob Taylor

Ed, could have been an interesting topic if your column didn’t morph into a rant. In first 6-7 paragraphs you rail against Obama, then int he next you write you are not here to “attack” him, which is what you precisely did just prior to that comment. You write that progressives want “collectivist” values, using that phrase as if its poison. Then later in the piece you write about, I presume ‘good’ kind of collectivism, when you refer to “collective” moral, “collective” ethical, “collective” instincts, etc. If its a “liberal” notion, automatically it is bad. Only “liberal” notions hurt this country. “Liberal” notions, such as freedom, are the US’s downfall. With all due respect, this country is changing. It has changed. the demographics are very different than they were even 20 years ago, let alone when you were growing up.

By Danny Lesa

The US population is being manipulated into Government slavery. Those who do not learn from history will relive it.

By Barry Ramer

“… These appear to be non thinkers.” Now there’s a surprise!
    “… People will push back when pushed to far. I agree, but in your opinion, how much farther is “too far”? I’ll nigotiate up to a point, when appropriate, but I don’t cave. Where and how do we start.

By Rob Taylor

I have coffee with a sheeple-crat ( people that repeat what the leader says ) and I ask myself why subject myself to the punishment. He denies the repeating but it is undeniable it starts at the top and goes to the bottom. These appear to be non thinkers.

The Republi-cons ( people that pretend to be Conservative ) simply can not stay the course that they lay out themselves. These should realize that they have nearly 50 percent of the public with them and they should not cave in without concessions.

This is a house divided that is allowing (encouraging) the federal government to control the people more each day. The states must come forward and begin to defend the citizens against the federal government instead of cowering in the corner when threatened with withholding money. People will push back when pushed to far.

By Luke Knight

Because it is such an emotionally charged and ideology-based topic, almost anything to do with gun control (I prefer to call it gun ‘regulation’) will polarize the population. However, I tend to think that guns (not gun ownership) and crimes are related and not necessarily two separate issues.

By Danny Lesa