Karl Rove has many critics. Most are Democrats that were on the losing side of political campaigns Rove managed. More recently, his critics include Republicans like Sarah Palin, Rick Perry, and Herman Cain that believe Rove has unfairly criticized them for his own political purposes. So does Rove have a secret agenda—declared and potential Republican candidates he wants to help or hurt—or is he providing objective analysis that the Republicans he criticizes don’t want to hear?  (More)

Filed under: Politics, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

LinkedIn Group: The Heritage Foundation

My general impression of Rove has been that he has a more favorable impression of establishment RINOs than of true conservatives, probably because he has more faith in RINO electability. I base this primarily on many of his commentaries on FOX News.

Posted by Ronald

LinkedIn Group: Republican Party

Yes, I think he does and I use to be a fan but not anymore. He needs to support all our GOP canidates – not just Romney. NOW Lets stay real here Herman Cain has the personality, smarts and marketing, as well as bona fide conservative core beliefs to actually make some changes. Cain is a true outsider and that is what the people of this great nation are looking for in Cain.

Posted by Herbert

3. […] Karl Rove’s Secret Agenda (ewrossblog.com) […]

LinkedIn Group: The Heritage Foundation

This is an excellent analysis. I think Rove has ‘an agenda’, but that the agenda may be to bring out the best in all candidates. His criticisms have generally been on the mark. While Gov. Romney is not likely ‘conservative enough’ for me, he is by far the most polished and professional of the Republican candidates. Rove is correct to continue to publicly point out the shortcomings of other candidates. The job title is “President of the United States’, and for that, the highest standard is required.

Posted by Sierra

5. Tom Rumsey says:

Rove is definitely an establishment Republican and Romney is also. We’re looking for someone who is going to follow a more conservative path in leading the country. We don’t need more of George Bush. We do need more of Ronald Reagan. We need Sarah Palin. We need Herman Cain. Unless the Republican Party can get together on this, then I’m afraid we get what we don’t need.

6. Bob Hoelle says:

I can understand how Karl Rove’s style and agenda may have changed now that he is an employee of Fox instead of a particular candidate. His August comment, ” People want to win. They don’t want somebody who goes so far to the extremes of either party that they lack a chance to carry a victory off in November.” I like to look at the candidate’s plans, opinions, and agendas as a clock face. In the past twenty years, we have had either seven AM, or five PM. In my opinion, it is time to enjoy a period of being between eleven AM to one PM. I have only viewed three GOP debates in September, and I found them to be somewhat disgusting and disappointing. The one from the Reagan library seemed to be a presentation of each participants’ plans and remedies for economical change. The next debate on the twelfth became more towards the interruption and ridicule of each other, and the one on the twenty second became progressively worse.

We can only hope that perhaps when the group of republican candidates becomes smaller and less personal, we can better evaluate their plans for plausible solutions to our current economical, military, social, and so many other problems we are now suffering from as a nation.

When I watch a particular candidate on Sixty Minutes, Meet The Press, or any other program where they are being interviewed one on one, it is a much more relaxed setting for them and easier for me to absorb their knowledge and solutions. I am already confused by the debates, and we still have a year to go.

Since Karl Rove really doesn’t have a dog in the race this time, I give very little, if any, credence to his political opinions. I hope that the voters will do their own homework this time and I hope the republicans running offer us a strong choice in 2012. The upcoming 2012 election is an exceptionally important one for people of all ages.

LinkedIn Group: Conservative Networking

Interesting post Ed. I have become more disillusioned by Roves criticisms. I believe he definitely has an agenda.

Posted by Patricia

8. Allen Bahn says:

The reason we have primaries is to allow people to make choice.
    Pundits had dismissed Reagan in 1980 but he proved that he could win.
    I have worked in all Repulican races from Ike to Present one.
    Let the people decide and not Pundits

9. Francis says:

From Article:

Karl Rove, no doubt, has his own agenda, but it may miss the forest for the trees.

Yeah, its to keep men America can count on in office when they are required.

End of story.