RENEWING MY FAITH IN AMERICA

Last week was a mind-numbing time for people like me who are addicted to politics and the news. My iPhone alerted me to genuine “Breaking News” stories so frequently that I could hardly keep up with them. Then on Friday, I turned off my iPhone and my iPad, donned my tuxedo, and walked my daughter down the aisle at her wedding. Sitting at my computer the day after, I thought about what’s really important in life and how my daughter’s marriage renewed my faith in America. (More)

Filed under: Politics, , , ,

LinkedIn Group: Defense Industry Network

Discussion: RENEWING MY FAITH IN AMERICA

God Family Country In that order and everything will be alright !

Posted by Paul

2. John Moseley says:

Give our best to Robin and her new husband…..go easy on him!!!! Ha, ha

John and Nellie Moseley

3. Patrick says:

Ed,

Saw your blog entry through Linked-In’s US Army group, as a 38 year old, I estimate I am at the midpoint between your generation and the age of the average protester in NYC/DC, et al.

I often see things that dissapoint me with respect to the work ethic and attitude of the average American, but I am fortunate enough to be in a line of work (I am an Army Officer) where I get to continually see hard-working and selfless Americans (and foreign nationals) who continue to volunteer to serve our great nation during this time of war with the realistic expectation that they will be deployed to combat.

I think there are certainly a lot of things wrong with our society (not our country) but I firmly believe there are a lot more things right. Congratulations to you and your daughter and I am proud to know you are keeping the faith.

-Patrick

LinkedIn Group: Conservatives of America

Discussion: RENEWING MY FAITH IN AMERICA

Thanks Ed, for another thoughtful, thought provoking column. Congratulations to you and yours.

I share your concerns over the America our Children and grandchildren will inherit. It sounds as though you’ve succeeded in passing on the values and insights that will see your children through tough times and allow them to appreciate the good times, to think, care, understand and evaluate the world around them and ultimately to make sound decisions. America needs more parents like yourself.

Any male over the age of 12, can be a father. It takes determination, insight, foresight and decades of hard work and patience to be a dad. It sounds to me, like you’re a great dad.

Posted by George

5. Edie and Ron Singer says:

Hi Ed:
    Our sincerest congratulations to Pat and you on Robyn’s marriage. We’d love to hear from you.
    Edie and Ron

LinkedIn Group: Conservatives of America

Discussion: RENEWING MY FAITH IN AMERICA

Ed, thanks for the posts and the reminder of the important things in life. I’m blessed with 2 sons and a daughter. I couldn’t be more proud of them. Not for what they have accomplished, but for the values they have that got them where they are. Our 7 grandkids are in good hands. I pray that they too have the freedom to pursue their dreams.

Posted by Jack

LinkedIn Group: Fox News Networking Group

Discussion: RENEWING MY FAITH IN AMERICA

“If the exercise of power is allowed and the mandate upheld, it is difficult to see what the limits on Congress’s Commerce Clause authority would be. What aspect of human activity would escape federal power? . . . To approve the exercise of power would arm Congress with the authority to force individuals to do whatever it sees fit. . . .”

Judge James Graham